Enphase Energy Microinverters
Black Platinum Solar & Electric is proud to be a certified installer of Enphase Microinverters. Within months of Enphase introducing their microinverter, we started bringing this remarkable technology to our customers. Our first installation was activated in February 2009.
As of September 22, 2014, the 149 grid-tied Enphase Energy microinverter PV systems we’ve installed have produced in excess of 9 giga watt hours (GWh) of electricity. And our customers are delighted with the results. Click here to learn what some of our customers have to say about their Enphase systems.
Microinverter systems have been used in Europe for more than 17 years. Since Enphase Energy introduced its microinverters to the United States in 2008, their popularity has grown rapidly.
Today, Enphase is the only inverter technology we install. And the results of the latest (June 1, 2011) independent data study–conducted by Westinghouse Solar and SunEdison–on the reliability of microinverter technology reinforces our choice: microinverters are 45 to 70 times more reliable than traditional central inverters. To read more about the results of this study, CLICK HERE.
Why We Only Install Enphase Energy Microinverters
We really do believe that Enphase microinverters are currently the best technology in the business. Here are just a few of the reasons:
- 25-year Standard Limited Warranty
- 100 percent (greater than 99.8 percent) Uptime Guarantee
- Service life of more than 15 years, and so reliable that the mean time between failures is 331 years
- Enlighten 24/7 web-based monitoring and management provides real-time tracking from mobile devices and auto-email notification of issues
- No single point of failure (unlike with traditional central inverters)
- Excellent customer service, including the Rapid Replacement Program, in the rare instance that a microinverter fails
- Enphase Burst Mode capacitor technology provides greater production in low-light conditions
- Expandable; if your needs increase, you can grow the system
What is Microinverter Technology?
The Enphase Energy Microinverter System is the first commercially available system for residential and commercial photovoltaic applications in the United States. This microinverter system is an integrated solar energy solution that provides significant benefits over traditional solar energy installations, including increased energy harvest, improved reliability, and dramatically simplified design, installation and management.
The Enphase microinverter converts the DC output of a single solar module (panel) into grid-compliant AC power. And because the conversion from DC to AC occurs at the point of collection, any power loss due to a single panel or microinverter failure is limited to that single panel. This translates into a minimal impact on the total system and its electrical output.
An Enphase Energy Microinverter System includes the following components:
- Enphase Microinverter (one per solar panel): a high-efficiency inverter that converts the DC output from a single solar module into grid-compliant AC power
- Envoy (EMU) Communications Gateway: device that collects per-module performance data and transmits it to the Enphase Enlighten website.
- Enlighten: web-based monitoring and analysis system. Now provided free of charge for the lifetime of the system.
As impressive as the Enphase microinverter technology is and as responsive as their customer service is, both just might pale in comparison to the web-based monitoring and analysis built in to the Enphase Enlighten Monitoring Service. This is such an advantage for our customers and enables us to monitor all our PV system installs. Click here to find out more about this state-of-the-art service.