Financing Your PV System
Cost is one of the big questions homeowners have. We all want to do our part to save energy and utilize as much clean, renewable energy as possible. But there are still financial considerations to be made.
While we’re confident that solar energy is one of the best choices you can make, we don’t want you to simply take our word. Here are several resources that can help you make the right choice for your home:
- Rebates and incentives from the utility companies still cut your out-of-pocket expense significantly. See our blog post “The Straight Scoop on APS Incentives for Homeowners” for an update on what Arizona Public Service has to offer.
- Tax credits, rebates and lower component pricing still mean that YOUR system costs will be in line with prices available 2 or 3 years ago. Take a look at “What are the Benefits to an Arizona Resident?” As a ballpark, you can expect to pay only about 50% of your system costs.
- If you want to purchase but don’t have the necessary cash up front, you might want to look into an FHA Title I Home Improvement Loan…because these do allow you to finance residential solar systems.
- Several options for financing may be available to you. Or you might want to consider leasing. We’ll be giving you more information about financing and leasing sources. For now, just drop us an email, using the form on our Contact Us page and let us know that you want to discuss financing. We’ll be happy to tell you about some options in our area.
- And, finally, to better understand how your Residential Energy Credits are applied to your Federal Income Tax, you may find it useful to download and review IRS Form 5695.